Les Grimes and Neil Foxall find nothing of value in the living room so go upstairs. Les doesn't like the idea but Neil pushes him. Annie wakes up and catches them in her bedroom. She refuses to tell them where her money is and has a battle of nerves with Neil. Seeing lights on, Albert tells Len and Ray there's something going on at the Rovers. Neil refuses to believe Annie keeps her money in the bank. Les and Neil try to run off when Ray and Len arrive. They fight but the lads escape. Annie goes into delayed shock. Len sports a black eye. Annie refuses to bring the police in. She tells Len that someone has written to the Brewery complaining about her visits to Joan. She's worried that they will think she's vulnerable. Annie falls downstairs and knocks herself unconscious. Betty phones for an ambulance.
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room, hallway, Annie's bedroom, yard
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Ena Sharples (Violet Carson) and Minnie Caldwell (Margot Bryant) are credited but don't appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Will the burglars in The Rovers get caught?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,600,000 homes (10th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|November 1975 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|