The residents put the last minute touches to the panto. Tricia covers her black eye with an eyepatch. Ena warns Albert about drinking before the dress rehearsal to quash his nerves. He's offended by her insinuation that he can't handle it and gets blind drunk. Hilda receives a call from France informing her that Stan is stranded there as his mate's lorry has broken down and he can't make the panto. Rita and Ernie ask Ray to take Stan's part - one of the ugly sisters - but he turns them down flat. Tricia refuses to speak to Deirdre, on stage or off. Bet talks her round by threatening to break her nose. Albert stops drinking when Ernie suggests it's a coping mechanism for his stage fright. Trevor Ogden arrives, to Hilda's delight. He tells her he had a meeting in Manchester and dropped by to say hello. He apologises for their past differences. Rita panics as Stan won't be back until the entire run of the panto is over and nobody will play his part. Hilda puts herself forward - she knows the lines as she rehearsed Stan in them enough times. Trevor invites Hilda to spend Christmas with the family in Chesterfield.
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room
- Community Centre - Small hall and large hall
- Mavis Riley (Thelma Barlow) is credited but doesn't appear.
- On Monday 22nd December, in place of a regular episode, a special edition of the programme was broadcast in the usual timeslot. Advertised as Coronation Street, it has since been named Annie and Betty's Coronation Street Memories. This was a programme of clips and flashbacks to previous Christmas editions of the programme. The scheduled run of episodes continued on 24th December 1975.
- TV Times synopsis: Trevor Ogden turns up in the Street with an invitation for Hilda.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,850,000 homes (7th place).
|December 1975 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|