|ITV transmission date||24th December 1975 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||17th December 1975|
|Next episode||29th December 1975|
The audience assembles in the Community Centre. Hilda discovers from Betty that Polly Ogden is expecting. Deirdre refuses to take her glasses off as she won't see. Bet mimes to Rita's singing. The panto ends with 'Happy Days Are Here Again'. Trevor tells Hilda that Polly has Toxaemia and has to go into hospital early for a month; this is why they want her to stay - to look after Damian. Hilda realises he only wants her to skivvy and breaks down.
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- On Monday 22nd December, in place of a regular episode, a special edition of the programme was broadcast in the usual timeslot. Advertised as Coronation Street, it has since been named Annie and Betty's Coronation Street Memories. This was a programme of clips and flashbacks to previous Christmas editions of the programme.
- TV Times synopsis: Curtain up - as the Street puts on a production of Cinderella.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,150,000 homes (11th place).
- This episode was released as a DVD extra with the CD set Coronation Street - Magical Memories, along with Episode 939 (24th December 1969), released on 29th November 2010 however the version of the episode used was that prepared for transmission on Granada Plus at Christmas 1996 and was edited down by three-and-a-half minutes.
|December 1975 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|