|ITV transmission date||5th January 1976 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||31st December 1975|
|Next episode||7th January 1976|
Tricia thinks she's destined for fame. The Marsh's are due in court on a charge of breaking and entering. Ernie misplaces a £5 postal order for the scout's fund. Albert finds he has no money to live on. Tricia spreads a rumour that Ernie has been embezzling. Douglas Marsh asks Ken to give a character reference for the lads in court. Albert advertises for a lodger. Tricia tells Ken he can't stand up for the Marsh's; they killed Edna. The Bishops discover people think they have been stealing from Mission funds.
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones (Credited as "Tricia Hunt")
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- TV Times synopsis: Gossip in the street about Ernest and some lost cash.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,450,000 homes (8th place).
|January 1976 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|