|ITV transmission date||19th January 1976 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||14th January 1976|
|Next episode||21st January 1976|
Gail is bothered by anonymous phone calls. She worries about their dole being stopped because they keep refusing jobs. Dave Smith returns to the Street. Annie wonders what he's up to. John Lane continues to phone Gail. Brenda Holden borrows Rita's flat whilst she's away. Bet flirts with Dave. Gail worries about the phone calls and alerts the Exchange. Dave takes Brenda out, to Bet's annoyance. With Tricia out on a date, Lane calls on Gail posing as a GPO engineer.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernie Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- First appearance of Stan Ogden since 12th November 1975 as actor Bernard Youens suffered a minor stroke which led to him being absent from the programme for two months.
- TV Times synopsis: Dave Smith drops back in on the Street. But what's he after?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,700,000 homes (8th place).
|January 1976 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|