Gail is bothered by anonymous phone calls. She worries about their dole being stopped because they keep refusing jobs. Dave Smith returns to the Street. Annie wonders what he's up to. John Lane continues to phone Gail. Brenda Holden borrows Rita's flat whilst she's singing at a club in Northampton. Ernie is pleased with his new sports jacket. Bet flirts with Dave and is annoyed when he goes after Brenda instead, having heard of Rita through Benny Lewis. Gail worries about the phone calls and asks Tricia to cancel her date with Philip Harper. Tricia suggests she alerts the Exchange instead. Dave takes Brenda out. With Tricia away, Lane calls on Gail posing as a GPO engineer.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street -Back room
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room
- The Kabin flat
- Three unknown streets
- First appearance of Stan Ogden since 12th November 1975 as actor Bernard Youens suffered a minor stroke which led to him being absent from the programme for two months.
- Meg Johnson makes a pre-Eunice Nuttall appearance as Brenda Holden.
- TV Times synopsis: Dave Smith drops back in on the Street. But what's he after?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,700,000 homes (8th place).
|January 1976 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|