|ITV transmission date||21st January 1976 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||19th January 1976|
|Next episode||26th January 1976|
John Lane tells Gail he has to monitor her calls. She begins to be suspicious when he knows her name. Ernie calls on Gail. She introduces him to Lane. Gail worries when Lane shows no signs of leaving at 11.00pm. He tells her to get into bed. Emily is suspicious about Lane and calls the police. John breaks down once the police arrive. He is arrested. The news reaches Stan that Polly Ogden has had an eight and a half pound baby girl. He buys drinks all round. The residents think that Dave Smith is planning to open a club on the warehouse site. Dave is shocked to find Blanche, an old friend, in the Street and dumps Brenda Holden for her.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- John Lane - Ian Hastings
- Brenda Holden - Meg Johnson
- Dave Smith - Reginald Marsh
- Philip Harper - Mark Drewry
- P.C. Hedley - Paul Ridley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- Meg Johnson makes a pre-Eunice Nuttall appearance as Brenda Holden.
- TV Times synopsis: Gail spends some dangerous hours with the stranger of the silent phone calls...
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,550,000 homes (11th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|January 1976 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|