A TV detector van roams the area. Len and Rita have a date at the Gatsby Club. A reluctant Stan poses for Hilda as part of her art classes. Rita is furious when Len spends their date chatting to a woman her recognises there - Donna Parker. He arranges to see her again. Fearing that they haven't a licence Stan tries to hide the TV but drops it. Hilda then reveals that she's just bought a licence. Len explains to Rita who Donna is and tells her that he intends to get £500 out of Donna for what she did to Alf. The Ogdens' TV is bust. Annie offers Terry Bradshaw a permanent job but he wants to return to being a chippie. She is caught with an out-of-date TV licence by Brian Howe of the detection agency.
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Terry Bradshaw - Bob Mason
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Donna Parker - Rachel Davies
- Linda - Christine Rose
- Brian Howe - Michael Poyner (Credited as "Michael Poynor")
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and back room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Unknown streets in Weatherfield
- Gatsby Club
- This was the first episode produced by Bill Podmore. Podmore had previously worked on Coronation Street as a director and, despite originally planning to stay for just twelve months after being appointed by David Plowright, went on to become its longest-serving producer. As either producer or executive producer, Podmore was in charge of the programme continuously for the rest of his career, with his final episode being shown on 1st February 1989.
- TV Times synopsis: Trouble for two when a TV detector van arrives in the street.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,350,000 homes (13th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|February 1976 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th|