Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||23rd February 1976 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Director||June Wyndham Davies|
|Previous episode||18th February 1976|
|Next episode||25th February 1976|
Apprentices Brian Jones and Pete Dawson and old boyfriends of Tricia and Gail make a play for the girls but it is their mate Keith Mills that Gail is interested in. Stan borrows Ena's radio but drops it. Ena tells him that she wants it back and Len agrees to mend it for the Ogdens. Betty is shocked that the girls are still drawing the dole as well as working in the Corner Shop. Hilda decides to enter competitions to win money. Pete and Brian refuse to pay for goods at the shop. Tricia goes against Betty's rule and allows them credit. The Ogdens enter competitions to the residents' amusement. Len can't repair the radio. Salesman Derek Wilton starts work in the area, trying to sell items to The Kabin. Hilda discovers TV Rental man Sid Wilson is a Mason. She tells Stan to join them.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- First appearance of Derek Wilton.
- TV Times synopsis: Gail and Tricia are giving out credit at the corner shop. But only to favoured customers…and against orders.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,750,000 homes (4th place).
|February 1976 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th|