The word spreads that Deirdre is pregnant. She puts the gossipers right. Len gets a phone call to say that someone is coming to stay and gets Hilda to tidy the house in readiness but he won't say who his guest is. Ray enjoys everyone buying him drinks before Rita tells them he's not going to be a father. Rita thinks Len is making the house tidy for her but it is Elsie Howard who arrives at Len's, suitcase in hand.
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Coronation Street exterior - Main street view and ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 9 Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen and back bedroom
- 13 Coronation Street - Yard
- The Kabin
- 20 Victoria Street - Living room and bedroom
- First appearance of Elsie Howard since 3rd October 1973.
- TV Times synopsis: Len keeps them all guessing about who is coming to stay…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,650,000 homes (5th place).
- This episode was the first episode to be shown on the new Granada Plus Satellite channel under the banner of Classic Coronation Street on Tuesday 1st October 1996. The channel showed every episode in order until it closed down abruptly on Monday 1st November 2004, several hours after repeating their final episode - Episode 3657 (9th February 1994). This repeat was edited down for timing reasons and omitted the following scenes: an entire sequence of 1'05" in part one as Ray and Deirdre Langton get dressed and leave their flat; the first 33" of the following scene as Len Fairclough puts on his socks and boots and his phone begins to ring; the first 32" of the second scene in which he is speaking to Elsie Howard on the phone; the first 25" of the scene between Tricia Hopkins, Mavis Riley and Rita Littlewood in the Kabin cafe in part two; and the first 25" of the final scene between Len and Hilda Ogden where she asks if he wants to make her cleaning job with him a permanent arrangement.
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|April 1976 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|