|ITV transmission date||18th June 1962 (Monday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||13th June 1962|
|Next episode||20th June 1962|
Jack is summoned to sort out his mother's will. The residents hope Colin will be good for Christine. Swindley gets Emily and Doreen to become models in the shop, wearing the new stock. Colin tells Christine he's serious about her. Gamma's new stock is bikinis - these turn out to be a clerical error. Elsie worries that Christine is going to make a fool of herself. Christine tells her to mind her own business - she's found herself a fella at last.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- TV Times synopsis: Christine's new boy-friend is not accepted by the Street and Elsie puts her foot in it.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,181,000 homes (joint 1st place with Episode 159).
|June 1962 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|