|ITV transmission date||12th April 1976 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||7th April 1976|
|Next episode||14th April 1976|
Elsie searches for a job. Ena sees that Elsie is back and tells her she's showing her age. Ena advises Elsie to move out of No.9; she's still a married woman. Wendy Nightingale's friend Sheila Flynn warns Roger that she is seeing someone else. Ken phones Roger not knowing he suspects him. Elsie tells Ken she wants No.11 back. Ken refuses to leave. Betty offers Elsie the living accommodation at the Corner Shop. Wendy feels torn between Ken and Roger. She feels that she can't give Ken up. Rita is pleased Elsie is moving into No.15. She shows her a job advert; she's worried that Len will give Elsie The Kabin. Ken tells Wendy to leave Roger and move in with him. Roger arrives, punches Ken to the floor and forcibly takes Wendy out of the house. Ken is left behind unconscious.
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Wendy Nightingale - Susan Tebbs
- Roger Nightingale - Matthew Long
- Sheila Flynn - Anjula Harman
- Lady Customer - Olive Pendleton
- Coronation Street exterior
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop and back room
- The Kabin
- Unknown streets in Weatherfield
- Roger and Wendy Nightingale's house, Bramhall
- Location filming for this episode was conducted in Marsden Street and Sussex Street in central Manchester.
- The Granada Plus repeat of this episode on 3rd October 1996 was edited down for timing reasons and omitted the following: In Part One, 1'12" of the first scene in the Corner Shop as Tricia Hopkins and Gail Potter discuss the sort of man they would like to marry just before Betty Turpin enters, the final 20" of the scene where Elsie Howard asks Ken Barlow for her house back and the final 7" of the scene where Betty suggests to Len Fairclough that Elsie can have the Corner shop accommodation. In Part Two, 44" of the continuation of the scene in The Kabin between Rita Littlewood, Betty and Gail was also edited out.
- TV Times synopsis: A jealous husband comes to sort out Ken…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,488,000 homes (8th place).
Ena Sharples: "Some things have to stay the same in this shifting world."
Elsie Howard: "Well, apart from you and the rock of Gibraltar, I can't think of much else."
|April 1976 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|