Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||14th April 1976 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||12th April 1976|
|Next episode||19th April 1976|
Gail finds Ken bleeding in No.11. He tells the neighbours that he slipped and hit his face. Len realises what happened. Elsie goes for an interview at Sylvia Matthews' lingerie shop - Sylvia's Separates. Wendy Nightingale arrives at Ken's and tells him she's left Roger. Elsie proves to be a match for Sylvia and gets the post of manageress on £40 a week. Wendy refuses to move in with Ken. He accuses her of using him as an excuse to leave Roger. She tells him she needs some peace. Elsie discovers the sales assistant Kim Wilson is leaving at the end of the week. Roger blames Ken for the marriage break up. Betty, Rita and the girls clear up the shop room for Elsie. Ken tells Roger he loves Wendy. Roger tells him he wants her back.
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Wendy Nightingale - Susan Tebbs
- Roger Nightingale - Matthew Long
- Kim Wilson - Annie Hulley
- Sylvia Matthews - Rosemarie Dunham
- Kay Miller - Ann Aris
- Fat Lady - Maureen Morland
- Coronation Street exterior
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop and back room
- Sylvia's Separates - Shop and stockroom
- Annie Hulley makes a pre-Gwen Loveday appearance as Sylvia's Separates assistant Kim Wilson.
- The Granada Plus repeat of this episode on 4th October 1996 was edited down for timing reasons and omitted the following, all from Part Two: 34" in the middle of the scene where Sylvia Matthews interviews Elsie Howard, 50" finishing the scene where the Fat Lady used a cubicle when her knicker elastic went and an entire scene which immediately followed of 1'08" in the Corner Shop with Tricia Hopkins, Gail Potter, Betty Turpin, Rita Littlewood and Len Fairclough.
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie gets a job - and Wendy walks out on her husband…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,344,000 homes (2nd place).
|April 1976 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|