Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||26th April 1976 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||21st April 1976|
|Next episode||28th April 1976|
Ernie spends the night at Len's house. Elsie grows tired of having to flatter Merchandising Manager Roy Thornley. Stan picks 'The Western Desert' for his next round in the Superbrain contest. The Council raps Alf for being at the Gatsby Club. Ena advises Emily to stick by Ernie. Tricia and Gail both ask Elsie for the assistant's job at Sylvia's Separates. Emily dumps Ernie's clothes at Len's. Ernie apologises to Emily and asks if they can start again. She agrees. Elsie decides to take Tricia on but the girls toss a coin and Gail wins.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Nightingale Street
- Sylvia's Separates - Shop and stockroom
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie's getting a new assistant - but who will it be?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,700,000 homes (4th place).
|April 1976 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|