Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||28th April 1976 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||26th April 1976|
|Next episode||3rd May 1976|
Ernie is depressed that the Mission circuit superintendent, Ivor Mortlake, is going to call on him. Ena tells him to say he was at the Gatsby Club to study filth and obscenity. Gail starts work with Elsie. Ernie tells Mortlake he went to the Gatsby out of a sense of duty. Stan doesn't know so much about the Western Desert as he thought. The regulars decide to nobble him and send Bet instead to answer on detective novels for the next round of the Superbrain contest. Ernie agrees to deliver a sermon on his experience. Len gets Stan drunk and sends him to the wrong pub in a taxi, whilst Bet gets through to the semi-finals.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Roy Thornley - Sydney Livingstone
- Ivor Mortlake - Frank Mills
- Girl Customer - Hilary Lord
- Man Customer - David Williams
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Sylvia's Separates
- This was the final episode to use the 1975 title sequence, the fourth and shortest-lived in the programme's history.
- Frank Mills makes a pre-Billy Williams appearance as Mission circuit superintendent Ivor Mortlake.
- TV Times synopsis: Ernest is on the carpet - and Stan gets nobbled…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,400,000 homes (3rd place).
|April 1976 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|