Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||5th May 1976 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||3rd May 1976|
|Next episode||10th May 1976|
Elsie refuses to take the top back as Hilda has worn it, ironed it and scorched it. Sylvia Matthews also refuses to exchange Hilda's top. In revenge, Hilda tells her that she's employing someone who has been accused of shoplifting. Alf fears he's going to be made redundant. Terry worries that his sister Renee Bradshaw is coming to see him. Not knowing that Hilda meant Elsie, Sylvia asks Gail if she's ever been in trouble with the police. The Superbrain quiz semi-finals take place at the Rovers. Emily tells Elsie what Hilda told Sylvia. Bet loses the quiz to Herbert Siddall but goes out with the quiz master, Philip Lightfoot.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Terry Bradshaw - Bob Mason
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Sylvia Matthews - Rosemarie Dunham
- Lady in Cubicle - Muriel Lawford
- Philip Lightfoot - Geoffrey Bateman
- Herbert Siddall - Ron McCormick
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Builder's Yard - Office
- Sylvia's Separates - Shop and stockroom
- TV Times synopsis: Who will win the "Super-brain" semi-final?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,600,000 homes (3rd place).
|May 1976 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|