|ITV transmission date||10th May 1976 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||5th May 1976|
|Next episode||12th May 1976|
Renee Bradshaw looks around the Corner Shop. Gail worries that Sylvia Matthews thinks she's a thief. She decides to resign. Ken contacts Wendy Nightingale at Diana Kenton's address. She tells him that she's missed him. Di thinks she's mad. Ken invites Wendy to move in with him. Diana accuses him of breaking up the Nightingale home. Elsie tells Sylvia that she was up in court and resigns. Fred has to have four stitches in his hand from a glass wound. Wendy moves into No.11.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Terry Bradshaw - Bob Mason
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen, hallway and yard
- Corner Shop
- Sylvia's Separates - Shop and stockroom
- Diana Kenton's house - Living room
- First appearance of Renee Bradshaw.
- An unusual sequence shows Gail Potter considering her looks and dress in a mirror in Sylvia's Separates during which the viewer "hears" her thoughts on the subject. The only other known occurrences of this phenomenon were in Episode 1432 (7th October 1974) and Episode 1584 (22nd March 1976).
- TV Times synopsis: Ken and Wendy meet again - and Elsie tells the truth about that shoplifting story.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,100,000 homes (5th place).
|May 1976 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|