|ITV transmission date||20th June 1962 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||18th June 1962|
|Next episode||25th June 1962|
Christine buys a new outfit and tells Elsie she's playing with fire. Gamma Garments advertise their new blouses on TV. Emily and Doreen model the new range. Christine tells Ken she's getting out of Coronation Street for good. Colin collects her and they leave together. Concepta has a fainting-fit whilst shopping. Christine leaves a note for Sheila telling her she's going to London with Colin and that they will be settling in Leeds. Sheila and Doreen rush to the station to stop her but she reveals that they have just married. The Applebys leave on the London train.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- This episode featured the (off-screen) wedding of Christine Hardman and Colin Appleby and the last appearance of Christine until 29th October 1962.
- TV Times synopsis: Ena and Swindley cross swords again, while Christine shocks her friends
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,181,000 homes (joint 1st place with Episode 158).
|June 1962 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|