Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||17th May 1976 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||12th May 1976|
|Next episode||19th May 1976|
Alf considers resigning before he's sacked. Rita gives Fred tickets for the Gatsby Club. Ken shows Wendy off in the Rovers. Tricia realises she, Gail and Elsie will be evicted when Renee buys the shop. Alf takes a shine to Renee. Fred tries to build up courage to ask Rita out.
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Terry Bradshaw - Bob Mason
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop - Shop and back room
- The Kabin
- William Tarmey appears as an extra in scenes in the Rovers, over three years before making his debut as Jack Duckworth.
- TV Times synopsis: What do her new neighbours think of Wendy?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,050,000 homes (3rd place).
Tricia Hopkins: "You mean if you had your life to live again you'd do it all different?"
Elsie Howard: "Oh, not differently. I'd just... I'd just shuffle it around a bit. You see, I was always doing the wrong thing at the right time. Now see, take my first husband, Arnold. I was married to him when I was seventeen. He was a right dead leg, he was. Right out of it... right out of the reckoning! You know what they say, you see: when you don't know how you can and by the time you know how you can't! Not that I want you to get the wrong impression, but I was just thinking I was wasted on Arnold at seventeen. Now if I could have been married to say, Steve, at that time, or Alan, or... well maybe Steve! Ooh, you know they're very strange, them American fellas! I think it must be the way their mothers bring them up!"
|May 1976 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|