|ITV transmission date||19th May 1976 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||17th May 1976|
|Next episode||24th May 1976|
Elsie advises Tricia to try to please Renee in order to keep her job. Wendy worries that her happiness won't last. Fred enjoys himself at the Gatsby Club. Mavis discovers that he danced with Rita. Alf writes his letter of resignation when a lad he trained is put over him. Rita kicks Mavis when she taunts her over Fred. Renee assures Elsie that Tricia can stay at the flat, although she'll lose her job. She tells Elsie that she'll want to live in the shop, so Elsie will have to move out. Ernie plans a camping holiday but Emily wants to go to Italy. Rita wonders how she can put Fred off. Len is amused at Fred's infatuation with Rita. Fred gives Rita a single red rose. Alf chickens out of resigning. Ken tells Wendy he's sure they will marry. Len and Alf tell Bet and Elsie that Ken could lose his job due to him 'living over the brush' with Wendy.
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Terry Bradshaw - Bob Mason
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop and back room
- The Kabin
- William Tarmey appears as an extra in scenes in the Rovers, over three years before making his debut as Jack Duckworth.
- TV Times synopsis: Rita's being pursued by a new swain…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,950,000 homes (4th place).
Elsie Howard: "If you can't make it work with one fellah, you usually can't make it work with another. At least that's been my experience."
|May 1976 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|