Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||31st May 1976 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Director||June Wyndham Davies|
|Previous episode||26th May 1976|
|Next episode||2nd June 1976|
Stan's friend Wally Fisher arrives to be the escapologist at the party. Wendy doesn't feel part of the Street's oneness. The Street celebrates with clog dancers, a barrel organ and Punch and Judy. Ken takes care of special guest M.P. Geoffrey Hardcastle. Wally proves a success. He offers five pounds to anyone who will try to escape from the sack and chains. Stan volunteers. Wendy leaves the party to meet Diana Kenton. Stan is let out of the sack when he can't breathe. He can't get out of the chains and Wally disappears. Wendy meets Roger.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Wendy Nightingale - Susan Tebbs
- Geoffrey Hardcastle - William Hoyland
- Wally Fisher - Michael Ripper
- Roger Nightingale - Matthew Long
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Unnamed restaurant
- Producer Bill Podmore makes a cameo appearance in the scenes in which Geoffrey Hardcastle makes a speech opening the holiday fair. He is seen in shots of Elsie Howard, Gail Potter, Tricia Hopkins and Renee Bradshaw gathered together outside the Corner Shop watching the proceedings (pictured above).
- With this episode, Peter Adamson became the most prolific actor in Coronation Street for the first time, passing Doris Speed's total episode count as Annie Walker. Speed took the lead again with Episode 1612 four weeks later.
- TV Times synopsis: Stan gets all tied up at the party - and Wendy receives a mystery phone call…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,450,000 homes (19th place - this slightly lower than normal rating is due to the episode being transmitted on a Bank Holiday Monday).
|May 1976 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|