Ken is surprised when Albert shows him compassion. Albert tells him he still cares what happens to him. Derek Wilton returns. Mavis is annoyed as he hasn't kept in touch but forgives him. They arrange a meal. Ken is angry and bitter as he loved Wendy Nightingale. He tells Elsie she can have No.11 back. Fred asks Rita out. She tells him that she's going out with someone else although she isn't. He gives her a pot plant. Derek has to work and cancels the meal. When Fred arrives to see if Rita's date's turned up, she pounces on Derek and passes him off as her boyfriend. Fred admits defeat.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Community Centre
- The Kabin
- Weatherfield Canal - Bridge
- First appearance of Derek Wilton since 3rd March 1976.
- TV Times synopsis: Rita Littlewood invents a boyfriend to put off an unwanted admirer.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,850,000 homes (14th place).
|June 1976 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|