Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||9th June 1976 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||7th June 1976|
|Next episode||14th June 1976|
Derek is scared of Rita even after she has explained her actions. Fred tells the regulars in the Rovers about Rita's boyfriend, Mavis realises he is talking about Derek. Mavis accuses Rita of being man-mad. Ken assures the committee that is private life is now beyond reproach. He tells them he has no confidence in them and is taking two weeks holiday to think about whether or not he wants to remain in the job. Renee is furious when Tricia drinks in the Rovers instead of delivering an order. Albert invites Ken to move in with him and Ken agrees. Tricia tells Renee she's sick of her - she can have the job and the flat; she's leaving. Rita convinces Mavis that there is nothing between her and Derek. She phones Derek to apologise on Mavis' behalf. Tricia leaves the Street and returns to her mother. Gail is upset. Fred realises Derek is Mavis' boyfriend and gets the picture. Tricia leaves as Ken leaves on his holiday.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Tricia Hopkins - Kathy Jones
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Community Centre
- The Kabin
- Final appearance of Kathy Jones as Tricia Hopkins.
- Emily Bishop is credited as appearing but is only seen fleetingly as The Kabin door closes on her, any further appearance in the episode presumably having been edited out.
- Three years before making his debut as Jack Duckworth, William Tarmey appears as an extra in The Kabin.
- TV Times synopsis: A misunderstanding between Mavis Riley and Rita Littlewood…and a decision for Ken Barlow.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,700,000 homes (3rd place).
Len Fairclough: "Nobody forced women to do the catering, it was Eve that handed Adam the apple."
Albert Tatlock: "Look, never go chasing women, always let 'em chase you. Eee, I've had some women after me in my time. By 'eck I could tell you some right stories if I only 'ad a drink in me 'and because it's dry work, talking."
Fred Gee: "Well, you'd better have a drink with me then, Albert, hadn't you?"
Albert Tatlock: "I wouldn't say no."
|June 1976 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|