|ITV transmission date||14th June 1976 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||9th June 1976|
|Next episode||16th June 1976|
Renee thinks of opening an off-licence in the shop. Elsie moves back into No.11. Surveyors look at the Warehouse. Annie is furious to discover Renee will be in opposition to the Rovers. Rita lets Mavis use The Kabin flat to cook Derek a meal. Albert enters No.11 and takes Ken's things from under Elsie's nose. Terry and Ray plan a fishing weekend but Renee wants Terry to do some jobs at the shop. Mavis and Derek are both nervous as she entertains him. Bet invites Rita to stay with her for the night to give Mavis and Derek a boost.
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Terry Bradshaw - Bob Mason
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- Red Rec
- In this episode it is confirmed that the character of Jack Walker died on 30th June 1970 (also the date of actor Arthur Leslie's death). He was quietly announced as having died in Episode 987 transmitted on 8th July of the same year.
- TV Times synopsis: Mavis Riley's romance gets a couple of helping hands.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,750,000 homes (19th place).
Elsie Howard: "You know what I think? That if you admit to living in the past, you're saying that you've got no future, and not much in the present."
|June 1976 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|