Ken returns from holiday. Renee suspects the customers of reporting her. Ken tells Albert he's decided to leave Weatherfield. Tricia writes to Gail, telling her that she's making humbugs at Bailey's. Ray plans a party for Deirdre's twenty-first birthday and their first wedding anniversary. Ken gives the committee his resignation. He tells them he's tired of failure, he wants a new start. He gets digs in Fairview Road as he doesn't want to stay in the Street whilst he serves his notice. Albert tells Ken his electricity was cut off a fortnight ago.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Terry Bradshaw - Bob Mason
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Community Centre
- With this episode, Doris Speed was once again the most prolific actor in Coronation Street, passing Peter Adamson's total episode count as Len Fairclough four weeks after he took the lead with Episode 1604. Adamson regained his lead with Episode 1626.
- TV Times synopsis: Renee tries to discover who "shopped" her…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,686,000 homes (11th place).
Ken Barlow: "Don't let Ken Barlow near you for heaven's sake. He's like a one man plague, a human weedkiller. He strips the bark off the trees."
|June 1976 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|