Eddie decides to seek his fortune in London when he can't find work locally. Ray refuses to asks Annie for the deposit back. Hilda decides she wants the living room decorated. Eddie promises to get Stan half-price wallpaper from a mate. Hilda is suspicious until she sees the wallpaper. Deirdre refuses to go to the party so Ray turns it into a stag night. Behind his back, Deirdre asks for the deposit back. Betty gives it to her in Annie's absence. Eddie offers to help the Ogdens decorate. In return Hilda takes him in as a lodger. Blanche phones and tells Deirdre that she'll pay for the party and they can have it in her part of the house. Hilda discovers half the paper is faded and they can't get any more.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes (Credited as "Eddie Yates")
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Terry Bradshaw - Bob Mason
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and yard
- Corner Shop
- 20 Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Eddie Yeats turns up…and the Ogdens try their hand at decorating.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,624,000 homes (11th place).
|July 1976 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|