Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||19th July 1976 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||14th July 1976|
|Next episode||21st July 1976|
Albert mourns his vandalised marrow. The Gazette refuses to take Ernie on the staff as he's not in the National Union of Journalists. Hilda spreads the news round that Ernie has gone bust. Albert accuses Ray of vandalising his marrow. Ernie goes to the job centre. Ray apologises to Albert and gives him £2 compensation. Ernie doesn't qualify to go on the Executive Register and has to claim supplementary benefit. Edna Gee's friend, Vera Duckworth, calls on Fred. Albert goes to bingo and meets Bertha Lumley. They go halves and win the £100 jackpot.
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Bertha Lumley - Madoline Thomas
- Receptionist - Anna Jaskolka
- Miss Hurst - Vivienne McKee
- Joyce Walters - Dani Marks
- Bingo Caller - Ken Hastwell
- Bingo Checker - Tim Healy
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Camera Shop
- Job Centre
- Bingo Hall
- First appearance of Vera Duckworth since 19th August 1974.
- TV Times synopsis: Ernest hits the job trail - and Tatlock goes to Bingo…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,035,000 homes (5th place).
|July 1976 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|