|ITV transmission date||21st July 1976 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||19th July 1976|
|Next episode||26th July 1976|
Bertha Lumley doesn't let Albert forget £50 of the winnings is hers. Vera tries to get Fred to skive off work. He refuses but agrees to see her for the night. Annie agrees to him entertaining her for a meal and promises to be discreet. Ernie receives £17.50 a week social, plus the interest on his mortgage. He discovers he owes £100 VAT. He and Emily clear out and close the Camera Shop. Eddie chats Vera up. She lets him buy her four gins before getting ready for her date with Fred. Albert plans to go to Glasgow and treat Peter and Susan. He is worried that Bertha is after him. Annie is horrified that Fred's lady friend is the common Vera. She decides to play gooseberry. Bertha's daughter, Freda Todd, tells Albert she's always getting off with men at bingo and her dad has threatened to kill the next one.
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Camera Shop
- Last appearance of Vera Duckworth until 13th December 1976.
- TV Times synopsis: Annie is playing "gooseberry" - but who are her victims?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,867,000 homes (7th place).
|July 1976 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|