Emily goes in search of a job, Ernie doesn't like the idea of her working if he isn't. Fred is annoyed as Annie spoilt his evening with Vera. Roy Thornley takes Gail out for lunch, to her surprise. Bertha Lumley thinks Albert's lucky and refuses to leave him alone. Elsie advises Gail to watch herself with Roy. Renee tells Ernie she'll let them have credit if they want it. Mavis looks for clothes for her holidays and gets on Rita's nerves. Nathaniel Lumley looks for Albert. Roy takes Gail out for the night.
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- Sylvia's Separates
- Unnamed pub - Exterior
- On this day Channel Television became the last of the ITV companies to launch their full-colour service and this was therefore the first episode to be seen in colour on the Channel Islands.
- TV Times synopsis: Gail Potter stays out late after a lunch date. What will Elsie Howard say?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,043,000 homes (4th place).
|July 1976 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|