Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||16th August 1976 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||11th August 1976|
|Next episode||18th August 1976|
Rita gets Ernie a job at the Gatsby Club, two nights a week, but one of them is a stag night. Len, Ray and Terry do contract work on a building site, with Terry working full-time. Hilda tells Emily that Ernie will be playing at stag nights. Annie goes to see Joan, the residents wonder why. Ernie tells Emily he needs to feel that he's earning money. Builder Jack Barker taunts the Yard men just for the sake of it. News reaches the Rovers that Annie's driving lesson ended with her crashing the car into a lamppost. To Emily's disgust, Ernie agrees to play at the Gatsby.
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Terry Bradshaw - Bob Mason
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jack Barker - Sean Lynch
- Doug West - Alan Luxton
- Dusty - Chris Canavan
- Frank - George Panther
- Cassius - Peter Lorenzelli
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- The Kabin
- Builder's Yard and Office
- Building site
- William Tarmey appears as an extra in scenes in the Rovers, over three years before making his debut as Jack Duckworth.
- With this episode, Peter Adamson was again the most prolific actor in Coronation Street, passing Doris Speed's total episode count as Annie Walker seven weeks after she regained the lead with Episode 1612. Adamson held this title for the remainder of his time in the programme, eventually relinquishing it to William Roache with Episode 2749 on 5th August 1987.
- TV Times synopsis: Emily and Ernie are in conflict over a stag night job…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,197,000 homes (6th place).
|August 1976 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|