Fred keeps the greyhound in the Rovers' cellar. He, Alf and Terry can't believe they spent £30 when drunk on the dog. Fred tries to keep Annie away from the cellar. Ray does the pram up in the Yard as a surprise for Deirdre. Annie finds the dog in the cellar and releases it, thinking it fell through the trap door. The dog runs away. Deirdre gives the pram to young Darren Briscoe to carry round his bonfire wood in. Terry is so hung-over he can't remember buying the dog. Renee puts up official notices that she is applying for a drinks licence. Sylvia Matthews rings Gail and tells her that she's reconsidered her sacking and that she can keep her job. Ray is furious that Deirdre gave the pram away while she is furious that he wanted it for their child. Albert buys dog food from Renee who worries that he's hard up.
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Terry Bradshaw - Bob Mason
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Coronation Street exterior - Main street view and ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and Cellar
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Builder's Yard
- Weatherfield Canal
- William Tarmey appears as an extra in scenes in the Rovers, over three years before making his debut as Jack Duckworth.
- TV Times synopsis: Annie goes down the cellar - and gets a shock.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,919,000 homes (13th place).
|September 1976 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|