|ITV transmission date||22nd September 1976 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Director||June Wyndham Davies|
|Previous episode||20th September 1976|
|Next episode||27th September 1976|
Deirdre tells Ray she wants her bike back - as a bike. Albert enjoys looking after Fred's Folly. Eddie stores playground equipment at the Community Centre. Len agrees to take Elsie to a Council dinner, entertaining a delegation of French men. Stan lends Eddie his cart to move some of the playground stuff. Walter Jenkins, from the Weatherfield Anti-Drink League petitions people outside the shop. He swears to oppose Renee at the court. Alf is tricked into giving Annie a driving lesson. Terry gives the bike to Eddie for the playground. Eddie and the kids start to build the playground. Ken offers to testify to Renee's good character in court. Annie swerves to avoid the dog in the Street and hits Stan's cart.
- Terry Bradshaw - Bob Mason
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Walter Jenkins - Denys Graham
- Darren Briscoe - Andy Hill
- Cheryl - Linsey Turner
- Micky - David Riley (Credited as "Mickey")
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Community Centre
- Builder's Yard and office
- Adventure Playground site
- Susi Hush returned for a final time as producer for this and the previous episode.
- The scenes in the adventure playground were recorded on OB cameras in the same yard that contained the Grape Street set, specifically on the ground behind the frontage of the Mark Brittain Warehouse.
- TV Times synopsis: What happens when Annie goes for a practice drive with Alf?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,812,000 homes (17th place).
|September 1976 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|