Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||29th September 1976 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Leslie Duxbury|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||27th September 1976|
|Next episode||4th October 1976|
Ken decides to stand by Eddie although Eddie does offer to give the job up. Fred and Terry fear legally they were responsible for the crash as the dog owners. Alf's car repairs are £60. Len chairs as Annie, Alf, the Ogdens, Fred and Terry meet to sort out responsibility. The parents refuse to give Eddie the benefit of the doubt. Eddie is hurt that he can't look after the kids any more. Hilda demands compensation and loss of earnings. Len reminds the Ogdens that Alan gave Stan the cart for free and Ray sold him the ladders for £2. Alf reveals he can't claim on his insurance because it'll cost him more than the £60 repairs; he'll lose his no-claims bonus. Terry and Fred say they're the injured party as their £30 dog has run off. Annie refuses to pay anyone. Bet advises Annie to set a good example. Annie agrees to pay half the cost of the car repairs and suggests that she, Alf, Fred and Terry all pay £2.50 compensation to Stan. Stan agrees but Hilda is disappointed. Renee decides to sell the shop if she doesn't get the licence.
- Terry Bradshaw - Bob Mason
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ken Barlow - William Roache (Uncredited)
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Community Centre
- TV Times synopsis: Will Ken persuade the parents to accept Eddie as play leader?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,073,000 homes (chart placing unknown).
|September 1976 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|