The Warehouse is opened up again as Baldwin's Casuals. Elsie challenges Len to take her out for the night to prove he can still show a girl a good time. Londoner Mike Baldwin arrives in Weatherfield to supervise his new factory. As the office isn't finished he interviews Ernie at No.3, catching him unaware. He tells him he's opening a denim factory and is after a wages clerk. Rita gives Len two free tickets for the Gatsby Club. He says he'll take Ken. Rita is annoyed when Len takes Elsie there instead while Elsie is annoyed that Len didn't pay for the tickets. Len grows jealous of Rita's agent. He tells her she can't have a week off to sing in Torquay. She is adamant that she's going so he threatens her with the sack. Rita hits him and he falls to the floor, hitting his head.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Sylvia's Separates - Shop floor
- Gatsby Club
- First appearance of Mike Baldwin.
- Lawrence Mullin, later to appear as Steve Fisher, an employee of Mike Baldwin's, appears as a Van Driver in the new factory. They are not the same character as the dialogue in Episode 1734 (29th August 1977) makes it clear that Mike and Steve have not met before.
- TV Times synopsis: Len takes Elsie for a night out, and Rita lays him out cold!
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,018,000 homes (15th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|October 1976 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|