|ITV transmission date||18th October 1976 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||13th October 1976|
|Next episode||20th October 1976|
Rita runs herself down, doing the papers and looking after Len. The regulars tease Alf for helping Renee put some shelves up at the shop. Renee's fiancé Harry McClean arrives on leave. She introduces him to Terry. Rita finds it hard to cope at No.9. Her agent demands to know what she's going to do about Torquay. Len tells her to take the job if she wants it but declines it as she feels Len needs her. Ray has a check up at the doctor's and learns the doctor signed Len off the sick two days ago.
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Terry Bradshaw - Bob Mason
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, hallway and Len's bedroom
- Corner Shop and back room
- William Tarmey appears as an extra in scenes in the Rovers, over three years before making his debut as Jack Duckworth.
- TV Times synopsis: Renee's sailor fiancé comes home on leave.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,637,000 homes (8th place).
|October 1976 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|