Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||25th October 1976 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||20th October 1976|
|Next episode||27th October 1976|
Hilda grows tired of working at both the Rovers and the Community Centre. Ernie doesn't enjoy interviewing machinists for jobs. Emily decides to stay on at the Hospital even though Ernie has a job. Albert is horrified as the landlord puts Minnie's house up for sale. Ray wants to buy No.5 but Deirdre isn't keen - she wants somewhere with a garden. Hilda's mac disappears. Ena determines to find out why Minnie's house is for sale. Hilda is hurt when her mac turns up - on a bonfire guy which is paraded round the Rovers by two lads, Nigel Johnson and Gary Pearce, much to the amusement of the regulars who donate generously to the boys.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Workman - Johnny Maxfield (Credited as "Johnny Maxwell")
- Nigel Johnson - Andrew Haywood
- Gary Pearce - Ian Martin
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- The Kabin
- 20 Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda's ancient mac goes astray…and turns up in embarrassing circumstances.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,621,000 homes (joint 10th place with Episode 1647).
|October 1976 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|