Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||27th October 1976 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||25th October 1976|
|Next episode||1st November 1976|
Handel Gartside arrives in the Street and tells Ena that Minnie isn't returning from his home in Whaley Bridge. Ray arranges to look round No.5, thinking he can buy it cheap and do it up. Deirdre refuses to live in Coronation Street. Stan buys the mac back for 10p but to his surprise Hilda refuses to have it back. Handel tells Ena he's fond of Minnie and will take care of her. Hilda plans to buy a new mac out of Christmas money but discovers Stan has taken half of it. She is furious and calls him a liar and a thief. She tells him she hates him and their rotten lives. She tells him tells him to go away from her and he does. Handel oversees Minnie's things being taken away. As a keepsake Ena takes a picture and Albert takes her Coronation mug. Ena tells Handel to take care of Minnie and sadly watches her stuff leave the Street. The Langtons view No.5. Ernie finds out the address of the woman who bought Emily's engagement ring. He tries to buy it back but she's emigrated to Australia. Emily says she's glad as she's got her eye on another ring. Hilda wonders where Stan is when he stays out all evening.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- The Kabin
- 20 Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Handel Gartside turns up with news of Minnie Caldwell…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,580,000 homes (joint 10th place with Episode 1646).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
Hilda Ogden: "Don't you ever look back on us married life Stanley? Life? Knocked about from pillar to post. In work out of work. Dole, dole, rotten dole. You an' yer glass-back. Her up at Inkerman Street. Everybody out there laughin' at us. 'You want a good laugh. Go an' find Stanley Ogden, oh and don't miss 'er what's with him... 'er in the red rotten mac'. Don't you understand? I'm sick o' bein' walked on. I'm sick o' bein' the mug round 'ere an' I'm sick o' you!"
|October 1976 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|