Annie tells Hilda she won't tell anyone about Stan's disappearance. Bet refuses to crawl to Annie to secure her job. Betty fears she'll never work again. Stan arrives at Norman Crabtree's chip shop in Oakhill. Annie refuses to take Betty and Bet back. Hilda contacts the Salvation Army. Stan tells Norman and assistant Edie Blundell he's been hitching all over the country. Edie feels sorry for him. He asks Norman if he can stay with him. Eddie returns to No.13 from staying in Liverpool. Hilda tells him he can't stay with her as Stan is away. Gail starts work at the Rovers. Bet and Betty, as customers, give her the runaround, ordering cocktails which Annie has to instruct her on how to make up. Norman resents the way Stan lounges around the shop, eating the profits and entertaining Edie to a drink. Stan phones the Rovers to tell Hilda he's alright. The residents begin to realise Stan has left her.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Supper Bar, Oakhill
- Unknown road
- Thelma Barlow (Mavis Riley) is credited but does not appear.
- William Tarmey appears as an extra in scenes in the Rovers just over three years before making his debut as Jack Duckworth.
- TV Times synopsis: Stan turns up again - but not at home…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,000,000 homes (6th place).
|November 1976 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|