Ray completes his plans for modernising No.5 but Deirdre doesn't want the house. He thinks it's a snip at £2,500 but she refuses to look at the plans. Rita takes a fancy to Mike Baldwin and flirts with him. Norman Crabtree threatens to throw Stan out unless Hilda takes him back. She agrees to take him back without an apology. Stan refuses to return until she has apologised to him. Mike asks Bet out, telling her that he has a wife in London but is in the North during the week. The residents advise Deirdre to take No.5. She looks at the plans and likes them. She agrees to buying the house. Ray is delighted. Stan asks Eddie to get some of his clothes for him. Hilda dresses up for Stan's return and is upset when Eddie tells her he's not coming back; he's being looked after by Edie. Ray is horrified to find someone else has beat him to it and bought No.5.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- Builder's Yard - Office
- Supper Bar, Oakhill
- Patricia Phoenix (Elsie Howard) and William Roache (Ken Barlow) are credited but do not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Ray and Deirdre finally agree to buy Minnie's old house…but they're in for a shock.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,700,000 homes (13th place).
|November 1976 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|