|ITV transmission date||29th November 1976 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||24th November 1976|
|Next episode||1st December 1976|
To show Mavis she won't be sued, Rita reads a bit of the novel to Stan, about 'Santos Olivier' and Stan doesn't recognise himself. Bet doesn't know whether or not to live with Mike. He shows Bet round No.5 to Len and Ray's amazement. Mavis asks Ken to read the book to see if any of it is libellous. Rita and Elsie try to dissuade Bet from moving into No.5. Ken doesn't think the book is libellous but he doesn't like it. Bet tells Mike she'll move in with him.
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Terry Bradshaw - Bob Mason
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- The Kabin
- Builder's Yard and office
- The interior of 5 Coronation Street with the front and back rooms knocked-through into one is seen for the first time.
- In an unusual move for the programme, Rita Littlewood's thoughts are "heard" as she reads a passage of Mavis Riley's manuscript.
- TV Times synopsis: Bet gets advice from Elsie and Rita about moving in with Mike.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,700,000 homes (8th place).
|November 1976 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|