Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||6th December 1976 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||1st December 1976|
|Next episode||8th December 1976|
Bet makes plans for No.5. Sylvia's Separates holds a clearance sale. Sylvia Matthews tells Elsie that she and Gail go with the shop. Hilda doesn't think it's fair that Bet should be treated by Mike and his big wallet, especially when he buys Bet a new mac. She refuses to do any housework until Stan has bought her a mac. Elsie tells Mike that Sylvia's would make a good outlet shop for him. Mike looks around the shop and tells Gail he likes it but wouldn't want to employ Elsie; she's too old.
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Baldwin's Casuals - Office and corridor
- Sylvia's Separates - Shop floor and stockroom
- William Tarmey appears as an extra in scenes in the Rovers, three years before making his debut as Jack Duckworth.
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie gets a new boss at the shop…but she's in for a shock.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,600,000 homes (12th place).
|December 1976 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|