Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||11th July 1962 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||9th July 1962|
|Next episode||16th July 1962|
Bill tells Elsie that he is separated. She tells him she wants him to sort things out. Pam, Val's assistant, wants to buy her out of the shop. She isn't sure and tells Albert that Ken has asked her to marry him. Dot tries to comfort Elsie when she feels that Bill is her last chance. Phyllis Gregory arrives but Bill refuses to meet her. He wants Elsie to make his mind up for him but she tells him it's up to him. He doesn't tell Phyllis about Elsie and agrees to return with her - they leave together. Ken and Val celebrate their engagement in the Rovers watched by a saddened Elsie.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Tatlock - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room
- Miami Modes - "Better Dressed" department
- Rosamund Street
- TV Times synopsis: The street watches Elsie's dilemma
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,586,000 homes (1st place).
- This episode was included on the Granada Video The Magic of Coronation Street released on 16th November 1982.
|July 1962 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 29th|