Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||15th December 1976 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Director||June Wyndham Davies|
|Previous episode||13th December 1976|
|Next episode||20th December 1976|
Ivy tells Elsie the girls will strike if they're not paid on Thursdays. Renee pushes Terry to find work. Ernie refuses to give way to the girls and he is certain he has Mike's backing. Annie is nervous about her driving test. The factory girls strike. Mike tells Ernie he hopes for his sake that they're soon back at work. The girls don't believe Elsie when she tells them she's on their side. She convinces them that their argument is with Ernie not Mike. She offers to put their case to Mike. Terry tells Renee he doesn't fit in in the Street and he's returning to the army. Ivy wants a fight but the other girls want to return to work. Elsie tells Mike their request and he agrees. Ernie is humiliated. Annie passes her driving test. As a result of their bets on the outcome, Fred wins £20, Terry £5, Annie £10 and Betty £1. Eddie is horrified at the pay-outs he has to make. Ken advises him to find a car for Annie and pay his debts out of the commission.
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie (Credited as "Lynn Perrie")
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Terry Bradshaw - Bob Mason
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room, office and loading bay
- Builder's Yard - Office
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- William Tarmey appears as an extra in scenes in the Rovers, three years before making his debut as Jack Duckworth.
- TV Times synopsis: Will Annie pass her driving test?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,450,000 homes (14th place).
|December 1976 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|