|ITV transmission date||22nd December 1976 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||20th December 1976|
|Next episode||27th December 1976|
The girls continue to undress Ernie. Vera pulls his shirt off and he runs away in his string vest and underpants. Gail gets drunk and kisses Terry. He reads more into it, especially when she tells him she doesn't want him to leave the area. Annie refuses to lend glasses for the party as they got the drink from Renee. Terry asks Gail to go out with him as he'd like to settle down. She laughs at him and says she's only with him as there's no one else. He calls her a tart and slaps her face. Len is angry when Marie Stanton dumps him for Mike. Ernie's clothes can't be found so he has to wear denims. Annie test-drives the Rover 2000. Terry leaves for Lancaster, planning to join up again. Renee is upset at being on her own. Bet goes to the party fearing Vera has her claws into Mike but finds him on his own. He gives her the key to No.5 as a Christmas present.
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie (Credited as "Lynn Perrie")
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Terry Bradshaw - Bob Mason
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Teresa Meakin - Wenda Brown
- Marie Stanton - Lois Baxter
- Tom Pickup - Rob Bettinson
- Lanky Potts - Roger Brierley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room, office and corridor
- Final appearance of Bob Mason as Terry Bradshaw although the actor would begin his writing career for the programme starting with Episode 2125 broadcast on 12th August 1981.
- In dialogue in the episode, Fred Gee states that Vera Duckworth is divorced which contradicts later character history that established she and Jack had been married since 1957.
- TV Times synopsis: Gail gets her face slapped; Annie test-drives a new car.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,950,000 homes (4th place).
|December 1976 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|