|ITV transmission date||27th December 1976 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||22nd December 1976|
|Next episode||29th December 1976|
Mike and Bet move into No.5 but he immediately returns to London. Annie gets one over on Kitty Stonely by offering to take her to a Licenced Victuallers lunch in her Rover 2000. She quickly buys the car off Lanky Potts and he gives Eddie commission on the sale. Bet's wall units are delivered but she has to assemble them. She lures the men round with a bottle of whisky to do the job for her. Renee accuses Gail of being responsible for Terry's leaving and calls her a tart. Annie is stopped by the police after the lunch, doing a three-point turn in the Street. She is breathalysed. The crystals turn green.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Kitty Stonely - Stella Moray (Credited as "Kitty Stoneley")
- Lanky Potts - Roger Brierley
- Delivery Man - Noel Cameron
- Sgt. Conway - Colin Edwynn (Credited as "Sgt. Ronway" and "Colin Edwyn")
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- William Tarmey appears as an extra in the Street in the scene where Annie Walker is stopped and breathalysed, just under three years before his debut as Jack Duckworth.
- TV Times synopsis: Annie buys a car - and gets breathalysed the same day.
- This episode failed to make the top twenty in the viewing charts.
|December 1976 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|