More chocolates arrive for Albert. Hilda continues to feel ill. Annie threatens to sack her. Hilda tells Stan he'll have to stand in for her. Stanley Fairclough is annoyed at Len's flirting with the women. Stan intimidates the customers as he cleans the Rovers. Annie docks him £2 off Hilda's normal salary. Len tells Liz Brocklebank he'd like to hear Stanley invite him to the wedding. Annie refuses to give Hilda to rest of her wages as Stan did such a bad job. Hilda is furious to discover that Stan was only docked £2 and not £3 as he had told her. The chocolate company sends an official to The Kabin to investigate Albert's complaints. Rita is furious. Stanley tells Len he doesn't want him at the wedding. Ray is told that Deirdre has been taken into hospital.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: Why does Stanley take over Hilda's job at the Rovers?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,550,000 homes (2nd place). This was the most-watched episode since Episode 613 on 26th October 1966 but it was quickly superseded by the following episode and others in the spring of 1977.
|January 1977 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|