Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||12th January 1977 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Director||June Wyndham Davies|
|Previous episode||10th January 1977|
|Next episode||17th January 1977|
Eddie runs a book on the Langton baby. Ena knits a yellow shawl for the baby. Gail and Suzie battle for command at Sylvia's Separates. Mike is furious when they interrupt a business meeting to ask him who is in charge. Mike tells the girls that Gail is the manageress. Suzie tells him the shop needs a new image. Deirdre breaks down when the hospital send her home - she feels a failure.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Mary Handforth - Mary McLeod
- Staff Nurse Maloney - Brenda Fricker
- Girl Customer - Sally Gibson
- George Handforth - Ronald Herdman
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Office
- Sylvia's Separates - Shop floor
- Weatherfield General - Maternity ward and foyer
- TV Times synopsis: There are arguments between Gail and Mike Baldwin about changes at the shop.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,900,000 homes (6th place).
|January 1977 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|