Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||17th January 1977 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||12th January 1977|
|Next episode||19th January 1977|
Deirdre locks herself away in the flat, ashamed and embarrassed. The residents buy tickets for the dance at the Community Centre. Deirdre phones Emily and asks her not to tell anyone she's left the hospital. Emily tells Ernie she wants to go to the Centre dance; she wants to dress up and enjoy herself but he isn't at all keen. Vera and Marie feel that Mike should pay for his workers to go to the dance. He agrees when they nag him. Ray makes excuses for Deirdre saying she's still in hospital. Stan refuses to buy tickets for the dance for Hilda. Mike decides to give the shop a new image. He gives electrician Alec Baker the job of redesigning the place. Suzie flirts with him. Eddie buys the Ogdens tickets for the dance. Hilda kisses him. Marie tells Vera she's got plans to catch Mike.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Marie Stanton - Lois Baxter
- Thelma James - Mary Healey
- Alec Baker - John Duttine
- Dave-the-Rave - Paul Shane
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Community Centre
- Victoria Street
- 20 Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Sylvia's Separates - Shop floor
- Roads in Weatherfield
- TV Times synopsis: Why is Ray Langton smuggling wife Deirdre home from hospital?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,900,000 homes (3rd place).
|January 1977 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|