Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||19th January 1977 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||17th January 1977|
|Next episode||24th January 1977|
Ray puts people off visiting Deirdre in the hospital. Betty suspects him of having a woman. Alec Baker invites Gail to the dance. She plays hard to get so he takes Suzie. Ray tries to get Deirdre to go to the dance but she refuses. She persuades Ray to go on his own. Emily dresses up for the dance. She is hurt when Ernie isn't complimentary about the outfit. She refuses to go so Ernie goes on his own. Marie spikes Thelma James' drinks and makes a play for Ken. Eddie takes Gail to the dance. Once there she dumps him. Vera tells Bet that Marie is going after Mike. Ernie dances with Thelma and agrees to walk her home. Deirdre goes into labour whilst on her own. Bet finds Marie dancing with Mike and fights her off. Ray returns home to find an ambulance driving away.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Marie Stanton - Lois Baxter
- Thelma James - Mary Healey
- Alec Baker - John Duttine
- Dave-the-Rave - Paul Shane
- Drunken Man - Johnny Maxfield
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Community Centre
- Victoria Street
- 20 Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Sylvia's Separates - Shop floor
- TV Times synopsis: Who are the two women fighting over Mike Baldwin at the community centre dance?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,800,000 homes (4th place).
- This episode was included on the Granada and Windsong Video Coronation Street 1977 released on 5th November 1990.
|January 1977 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|