The Langtons wait in hospital together. Bet sports a bruised face. Deirdre is taken to the delivery room. Ray is relieved when he doesn't have to be present at the birth. Eddie sells watches. Mavis buys one for Derek. Deirdre is delivered of a daughter. Ray is delighted. Bet buys one of Eddie's watches. Mavis discovers hers has stopped. Blanche arrives to meet her granddaughter. Hilda tells Emily that Ernie left the dance early. Emily is suspicious as he was late coming home. Eddie refuses to refund Mavis' money so Bet tells him the police were around looking for stolen watches. Ray throws a celebration at the flat where Hilda tells Blanche that Deirdre was on her own when she went into labour.
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch (Credited as "Baby")
- Sally Norton - Yvonne Nicholson
- Dorothy Millington - Pat Blyton
- Staff Nurse Maloney - Brenda Fricker
- Hospital Porter - Tom Wallwork
- Father in Hospital - Peter Martin
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- The Kabin
- 20 Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Weatherfield General - Maternity ward and waiting room
- First appearance of Blanche Hunt since 28th January 1976.
- First appearance of Tracy Langton.
- TV Times synopsis: The Langtons' baby finally arrives. So does Granny…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,800,000 homes (joint 5th place with Episode 1673).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|January 1977 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|