Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||26th January 1977 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||24th January 1977|
|Next episode||31st January 1977|
Deirdre names the baby 'Lynette'. Blanche rows with Ray for going to the dance. Eddie gives Mavis her money back. Deirdre becomes curious about her ward mate, Sally Norton. Eddie puts the watches down the grate. Ernie is forced to tell Emily that he walked Thelma James home. Deirdre tells Blanche she made Ray go to the dance and gets her to apologise to him. Ray is determined to call the baby "Tracy". Hilda overhears Bet saying the watches weren't stolen. She tells Stan to get the watches from the grate so they can sell them. Ernie convinces Emily there is nothing between him and Thelma. Unmarried Sally doesn't know what to do with her baby son. Eddie discovers Bet was having him on about the police. Monkey Gibbons swears the watches weren't stolen. Stan gropes down the wrong drain for the watches. Eddie watches in horror as the Council clean the drains.
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch (Credited as "Baby")
- Sally Norton - Yvonne Nicholson
- Dorothy Millington - Pat Blyton
- Staff Nurse Maloney - Brenda Fricker
- Monkey Gibbons - Arthur Kelly
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Rosamund Street
- The Kabin
- 20 Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Weatherfield General - Maternity ward and foyer
- TV Times synopsis: Mother-in-law trouble for Ray Langton.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,800,000 homes (joint 5th place with Episode 1672).
|January 1977 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|